Home | Contact | About | Whats New | Gallery Contact: info@fishie.org.uk   


Local Attractions

Local places to visit.

Drinnies Wood and Observatory
The Drinnies observatory tower was built in 1845 by Admiral George Ferguson, fifth laird of the Pitfour Estate. Folklore says that the Admiral erected the tower to watch his horses practice for races.
Today the observatory is open to the public and offers amazing views for miles in every direction.


Pitfour Estate
The Ferguson family were the lairds of Pitfour from 1700 through to 1924. Their estate stretched from New Pitsligo to St Fergus. Today the estate is centred on the lake and the surrounding woodland and farmland.
The estate is open to the public offering a diverse range of walks and wild life.


Aden Country Park
Aden, often referred to as “the jewel in the Buchan crown” has been recognised as one of the country’s best green spaces with a prestigious Green Flag Award. The awards recognise and reward the best parks in the country and Aden impressed the judges with its excellent use of green space, well-maintained facilities and high standard of safety and security.

Situated in the heart of the park lies a semi-circular farmstead building built around 1800 and a coach house built in 1832. This now houses the award winning Aberdeenshire Farming Museum, containing a Recognised Collection of National Significance awarded by the Scottish Museums Council (SMC).

Other facilities on offer at the park include the café at Aden, Aden craft & gift shop, children’s play area, picnic and BBQ sites, walks and trials, Hareshowe Farm, North East Folklore Archive (NEFA), Arc Recording Studio, Book of Deer visitor centre, ice cream kiosk, SANDS and carers/sensory gardens, outdoor gym, dog agility and exercise area, horse arena and bridleway, car parking, toilets, and of course an enjoyable stay at the 4 Star Aden Caravan & Camping Park.


Deer Abbey
Deer Abbey was founded as a Cistercian monastery around 1219 by William Comyn, the Earl of Buchan. Now enclosed within a perimeter wall, the ruins are open to visitors all year tound and give an insight into the lives of the monks who lived there hundreds of years ago.



Drinnies Wood Observatory


Pitfour Estate


Aden Park Courtyard


Deer Abbey


Click for more info on Scarlet Daisy
Powered by Scarlet Daisy Web Content Management System.
© 2017 Dimension Computer Services All rights reserved.